IPA Elective Rotation
Students pursuing a professional degree in pharmacy will gain experience with the operations and strategic activities of a state pharmacy association. Our rotation schedule is four weeks in duration and is available year-round. Slots are limited, so contact your experiential education office soon to coordinate a rotation with IPA.
This rotation will take place with IPA staff on the northeast side of Fishers. However, the rotation may involve travel to the Indiana Statehouse during legislative seasons or to other nearby locations where pharmacy advocacy is needed.
Potential Student Responsibilities:
- Research, track, and advocate for legislative bills during Indiana’s legislative sessions.
- Participate in IPA board meetings and State Board of Pharmacy meetings.
- Assist in developing continuing pharmacy education (CPE) programs.
- Develop market research surveys.
- Create educational presentations highlighting benefits of membership.
- Author IN-Touch e-news, Indiana Pharmacist Journal articles, and social media blasts.
Areas of Growth for Students:
- Network with key pharmacy decision makers and hiring managers throughout the state.
- Develop personal leadership skills.
- Develop a personal brand, CV, LinkedIn and 5-year career plan.
- Sharpen marketing, finance and business development skills with experienced members in the field.
- Learn the importance of legislative action in advancing the profession of pharmacy.