IPA Elective Rotation
Students pursuing a professional degree in pharmacy will gain experience with the operations and strategic activities of a state pharmacy association. Our rotation schedule is four weeks in duration and is available year-round. Slots are limited, so contact your experiential education office soon to coordinate a rotation with IPA.
This rotation will take place at IPA's headquarters on the north side of Indianapolis (9449 Priority Way West Drive, Suite 230, Indianapolis IN 46240-6404). However, the rotation may involve travel to the Indiana Statehouse during legislative seasons or to other nearby locations where pharmacy advocacy is needed.
Potential Student Responsibilities:
- Research, track, and advocate for legislative bills during Indiana’s legislative sessions.
- Participate in IPA board meetings and State Board of Pharmacy meetings.
- Assist in developing continuing pharmacy education (CPE) programs.
- Develop market research surveys.
- Create educational presentations highlighting benefits of membership.
- Author IN-Touch e-news, Indiana Pharmacist Journal articles, and social media blasts.
Areas of Growth for Students:
- Network with key pharmacy decision makers and hiring managers throughout the state.
- Develop personal leadership skills.
- Develop a personal brand, CV, LinkedIn and 5-year career plan.
- Sharpen marketing, finance and business development skills with experienced members in the field.
- Learn the importance of legislative action in advancing the profession of pharmacy.