Future Pharmacists Conference
Learn how to stay successful and stay involved after pharmacy school.
Sponsored by: John Nine, Purdue Alumnus
Date: April 13th -- 8:00am - 5:00pm
Location: Embassy Suites Conference Center, Noblesville, IN
- Keynote Address by IPA President Denise Fields - Get the scoop on pharmacy advocacy, a forecast of the future of pharmacy, and more!
- Learn how to manage your finances (and sudden increase in income!) after graduation.
- Make a name for yourself by perfecting the professional development skills that will enhance your career prospects and experiential rotations.
- Participate in an interactive panel of both pharmacists and students and explore career options and pathways you may have not considered.
- Hone and refine your CV with individual feedback from distinguished pharmacists and move one step closer to the position of your dreams!
- Enjoy lunch included in price of registration.
|7:30 - 8:00 am||CHECK-IN|
Co-Chairs of the IPA New Practitioner Council
|8:00- 8:30 am||
KEYNOTE-PHARMACISTS AS ADVOCATES
Denise Fields, PharmD, 2019 IPA President
|8:30 - 9:30 am||
BECOMING A NEW PRACTITIONER
Courtney Smith, PharmD. and Ashley Montgomery, PharmD.
|9:30 - 9:45 am||NETWORKING BREAK|
|9:45 - 10:45 am||
Veronica Vernon, PharmD. - Butler University College of Pharmacy
|10:45 - 12:15 pm||
CAREER PLANNING/CV WORKSHOP
Brian Skinner, PharmD - Manchester University College of Pharmacy
|12:15 - 12:45 pm||LUNCH AND NETWORKING|
|12:45 - 1:30 pm||
|1:30 - 2:00 pm||
|2:00 - 2:45 pm||NAPLEX TIPS
Cynthia P. Koh-Knox Sharp, PharmD., Purdue College of Pharmacy
|2:45-3:00 pm||NETWORKING BREAK|
|3:00 - 3:55 pm||
▪ Community: Stephanie Arnett, PharmD. - Walgreens
▪ Veterinary: Melinda Anderson, PharmD. - PVM
▪ Ambulatory: Allen Antworth, works for Community Health Network
▪ Industry: Kim Ingram, Clinical Drug Development, Oncology at Eli Lilly
▪ Academia: Margaret Stratford, PharmD. - Butler University College of Pharmacy
▪ Clinical specialist: Brian Skinner, PharmD. - Manchester Univ College of Pharmacy
▪ Hospital staff: Brian Bell, PharmD, IU Health
▪ Long-term care: Mit Patel, PharmD. - Grandview Pharmacy
|4:00-5:00 pm||You're invited to attend the IPA OTC Challenge|