- Pharmacists for Healthier Lives: A Campaign to Promote the Role of Pharmacists
Pharmacists for Healthier Lives: A Campaign to Promote the Role of Pharmacists
By Lindsey Ridlen on 1/8/2019
The Pharmacists for Healthier Lives coalition was formed in early 2018, with seven organizations coming together to provide funding for the campaign, and channels to distribute campaign messages. The objective of Pharmacists for Healthier Lives is to:
- Raise the profile of pharmacy as an essential healthcare profession
- Achieve recognition of pharmacists as trusted and highly accessible professionals in both traditional and new settings
- Increase awareness of the quality and scientific rigor of pharmacy education and training
- Enrich the applicant pipeline by improving the perception of pharmacists
Key Messages From the Pharmacists for Healthier Lives Campaign
“Through rigorous research involving 25 hours of secondary research, more than 20 one-on-one interviews, and a survey deployed across the United States among more than 800 respondents, including pharmacists, we have deployed a set of core messages that aim to create a new portrait of pharmacists and pharmacy careers:
- Pharmacists are easily accessible.
- Pharmacists help to ensure the best patient outcomes.
- Pharmacists are highly educated.
- Pharmacists are essential members of the healthcare team.
Through these messages, we want our audience to understand that pharmacists provide them with a variety of benefits, including:
Having someone to rely on when it comes to navigating the world of medication
Feeling that they are not alone when fighting an illness
Having a healthcare team member who ‘has their back’
Reassurance and confidence that their prescribed medication is the best option available for healthy outcomes
Ability to ask questions and feel 100% confident about one’s medications
Professional healthcare advice, without needing an appointment
From these messages, we have formed the platform of our campaign: Pharmacists. Accessible. Knowledgeable. Indispensable.”
Visit the Pharmacists for Healthier Lives website to learn more about the campaign and to view the campaign video: https://pharmacistsforhealthierlives.org/
Follow Pharmacists for Healthier Lives on Facebook for news, updates, and sharable videos.