Advancing our Profession Together
Who we are:
IPA was founded in 1882 by a group of pioneering pharmacists, including Colonel Eli Lilly and G.D. Searle. Today, we represent over 7,200 Indiana licensed pharmacists, 5,000 pharmacy technicians and 1,000 student pharmacists. We provide valuable professional resources to pharmacists, student pharmacists and pharmacy technicians to support the pharmacy profession and member careers.
To be the voice and advocate for the profession of pharmacy in Indiana.
To lead the advancement of Indiana Pharmacy by promoting legislation and innovations that optimize patient care, safety, and the health of our communities.
Our Core Values:
- Integrity: Adhere to the highest ethical and moral principles.
- Partnership: Work collaboratively to achieve common goals.
- Accountability: Take responsibility for actions and results.
- Leadership: Lead from where you are.
- Innovation: Develop new and inventive approaches.
The Oath of a Pharmacist:
I promise to devote myself to a lifetime of service to others through the profession of Pharmacy. In fulfilling this vow:
- I will consider the welfare of humanity and relief of suffering my primary concerns.
- I will apply my knowledge, experience, and skills to the best of my ability to assure optimal outcomes for my patients.
- I will respect and protect all personal and health information entrusted to me.
- I will accept the lifelong obligation to improve my professional knowledge and competence.
- I will hold myself and my colleagues to the highest principles of our profession’s moral, ethical, and legal conduct.
- I will embrace and advocate changes that improve patient care.
- I will utilize my knowledge, skills, experiences, and values to prepare the next generation of pharmacists.
I take these vows voluntarily with the full realization of the responsibility with which I am entrusted by the public.