Advancing our Profession Together
Who we are:
IPA was founded in 1882 by a group of pioneering pharmacists, including Colonel Eli Lilly and G.D. Searle. Today, we represent over 7,200 Indiana licensed pharmacists, 5,000 pharmacy technicians and 1,000 student pharmacists. We provide valuable professional resources to pharmacists, student pharmacists and pharmacy technicians to support the pharmacy profession and member careers.
To be the voice and advocate for the profession of pharmacy in Indiana.
To lead the advancement of Indiana Pharmacy by promoting legislation and innovations that optimize patient care, safety, and the health of our communities.
Our Core Values:
- Integrity: Adhere to the highest ethical and moral principles.
- Partnership: Work collaboratively to achieve common goals.
- Accountability: Take responsibility for actions and results.
- Leadership: Lead from where you are.
- Innovation: Develop new and inventive approaches.
We promise to devote ourselves to a lifetime of service to others through the profession of pharmacy. In fulfilling this vow:
- We will consider the welfare of humanity and relief of suffering our primary concerns.
- We will apply our knowledge, experience, and skills to the best of our abilities to assure optimal outcomes for our patients.
- We will respect and protect all personal and health information entrusted to us.
- We will accept the lifelong obligation to improve our professional knowledge and competence.
- We will hold ourselves and our colleagues to the highest principles of our profession’s moral, ethical and legal conduct.
- We will embrace and advocate changes that improve patient care.
- We will utilize our knowledge, skills, experiences, and values to prepare the next generation of pharmacists.
- We take these vows voluntarily with the full realization of the responsibility with which we are entrusted by the public.