Start Date: 5/4/2017 8:00 AM EST
End Date: 5/4/2017 4:00 PM EST
Venue Name: BUTLER COLLEGE OF PHARMACY
4600 SUNSET AVE
INDIANA PHARMACISTS ASSN
Registration is open for IPA NAPLEX Review scheduled for Thursday, May 4th and held in Indianapolis at Butler University College of Pharmacy. All 2017 graduates are invited to attend. Student Registration is $99 and includes all materials, breaks, and lunch. Parking on campus is inside a covered parking garage for $3 a day on campus. Mastercard, Visa and Discover are accepted. For planning purposes, please register by Tuesday, May 2rd.
Feedback received from previous attendees:
- Great review session! I really liked the practice questions and discussions and why each answer was right or wrong.
- I really enjoyed this review session. Good handouts and presenters.
- Thank you. An excellent way to kick off preparation for the NAPLEX.
Please note the following:
- Indicate special meal requests when registering.
- Bring pen and paper, laptop, iPad or tablet for taking notes along with a calculator. Guest WI-FI is available (an access code will be provided).
- Dress comfortably for the day long review.
- A drawing for (2) prize giveaways will be held during the afternoon for all registered attendees!
- Parking on Butler’s campus is available for $3 a day (covered garage) in close proximity to the pharmacy building.
- Final details will be sent to each registrant.
Please contact Carol Dunham, IPA Meetings Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 634-4968 with questions.
Presenters for the full-day review are tentatively: Alex Isaacs, PharmD, BCPS (Purdue), Jane E. Krause,BS Pharm, RPh, MS (Purdue), Darin Ramsey, PharmD, BCPS (Butler).. See agenda below for complete details.
8:45 – 10:45 AM: Approaches to Problem Solving and Patient Case Scenarios
Alex Isaacs, PharmD, BCPS
8:20 – 8:30 AM: Welcome (IPA Representatives)
8:30 – 8:45 AM: Tips for Preparing for the NAPLEX
Clinical Assistant Professor - Purdue University College of Pharmacy
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Internal Medicine - Eskenazi Health
- Discuss and practice clinical problem solving strategies with patient case scenarios.
- Evaluate and determine appropriate therapeutic recommendations involving the top 200 medications.
10:45 – 11:00 AM: Morning Break
11:00 – 12:30 PM: Pharmaceutical Calculations
Jane E. Krause, BS Pharm, RPh, MS
Clinical Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Purdue University College of Pharmacy, West Lafayette
- Review equivalents/conversion factors for the systems of measurement used in pharmacy.
- Review the various expressions of concentration used in pharmacy.
- Discuss and practice various types of pharmaceutical calculations encountered with compounding, dispensing, and dosing/administering medications.
12:30 – 1:15 PM: Lunch and Door Prizes
1:15 PM – 3:45 PM: Nonprescription Drugs
There will be a break (15 minutes) at approximately 2:30 PM
Darin Ramsey, PharmD, BCPS
Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Butler University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Indianapolis
- Review the indication, dosing, contraindications and side effects of common nonprescription medications.
- Evaluate patient case scenarios to determine appropriate nonprescription recommendations.
3:45 PM: Review Session Ends and Attendees Complete and Submit Evaluation
NOTE: Consent to use of photographs and images: Registration and attendance at or participation in, IPA meetings and other activities constitute an agreement by the registrant to IPA's use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee 's image in photographs, videotapes, and electronic reproduction of such events and activities..